Temporary Part-time Position
The Unitarian Universalist Church of Jacksonville
Send Resume and References to: Penny Reid, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications open until position filled.
Position is for 10 hours per week, Hourly rate: $15/hour
Work at home with occasional online meetings
Flexible hours based on your schedule; Sundays required
The Unitarian Universalist Church of Jacksonville in Arlington is currently operating as a “virtual church”, using the Zoom platform for Sunday services, as well as educational classes, discussion groups, and meetings also using Zoom. We are considering transitioning to a prerecorded service using YouTube or prerecording various components of the service each week.
We are seeking an individual with strong computer skills who will assist with the technical aspects of “virtual church”, with responsibility primarily for acting as the host and “tech person” for the Sunday morning service. This position is not responsible for generating any content for the Sunday service, but to help the service run smoothly. Orientation will be provided by UUCJ Communications Director. This is anticipated to be a temporary position, until such time as the church returns to physical services on the UUCJ campus.
- Provide tech support for the Sunday service, typically from 10:45-12:00 each Sunday
- Prepare any necessary supportive materials for the service, including PowerPoint slides, downloading hymn and other music from appropriate sites, and story for all ages from appropriate sites
- Provide assistance for preparation for the Sunday service; for example, assisting the sermon presenter to prerecord their sermon
- Possibly assist members of the congregation who are having difficulty accessing Zoom or YouTube
- Provide advice and assistance to church leadership in possibly transition to a prerecorded service format
- Provide support and advice to “Virtual Church Committee”
- Familiar with software and online tools including Zoom, PowerPoint/Keynote, YouTube, and live streaming to Facebook and YouTube.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with presenters and congregation members to provide technical support and training
The applicant must have appropriate equipment and access to Wifi.