Upcoming Class & Workshops
Workship on Centering
June 14 @2:30 p.m.
Several years ago the Commission on Institutional Change wrote, “We lack a common vocabulary or a common understanding about race and oppression among us. Staying engaged in often uncomfortable conversations is the first step to creating our common language of engagement. We call on you to exercise your spiritual muscle and engage in this work for the present and future of our faith.” Rev. Roberta and the Transition Team invite you to exercise your spiritual muscle by attending a workshop based on the book Centering on Sunday June 14th @ 2:30 pm. You can register by emailing Rev. Roberta (firstname.lastname@example.org). When you register she will send you the relevant chapter to read in advance. You may want to buy and read the whole book: https://www.uuabookstore.org/Centering-P18206.aspx.
Playing with Ideas: Join the Playing with Ideas group via Zoom every Sunday 9:30-10:45 a.m. If you’d like the Zoom meeting info you can find it on the Breeze calendar (you need to have a member login to access), or email the Communications Director at email@example.com.
- Spiritual Studies: This class studies selected readings or books on spirituality. All are welcome. For more information contact David Keel. Sundays @9:30am in the Channing Room.
- Playing with Ideas: This class meets Sundays @ 9:30-10:30 in the Anthony Room.
- We Agnostics: An AA meeting for atheists, agnostics, and others of a more liberal religious persuasion. Tuesdays @ 7pm in the Anthony Room.
- A Course in Miracles: A study group led by a longtime UUCJ Member. The group meets weekly. To learn more about A Course in Miracles, please visit email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jax Soto Zen Meditation
- Practice leaders
- Bill Mayhew (904) 891-3211
- David Raye (904) 274-2633
- Peter Schilling (904) 570-9667
- Meeting times
- Monday 7:00pm – 8:30pm. We start promptly at 7 so please arrive a little early. Practice leader arrives at 6 pm for anyone with questions.
- Saturday 1:30pm – 3:00pm. This is open sitting. No program, come and go as you like. Just meditation. Practice leader there at 12:30.
- Practice leaders