The numbers of new COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths have decreased in Northeast Florida and across the nation. The CDC risk level is now low. The New Normal Team has reviewed current CDC recommendations and suggests:
1. Vaccination is the best way to reduce the risk of infection, hospitalization, and death.
2. Masking is no longer required for those who are fully immunized. Those who have high risk medical conditions should follow the recommendations of their health care provider concerning masking, testing, and other treatments.
3. Some members may want to wear masks. Please respect their decision.
4. Avoid hugging. People may not like you breathing in their face.
5. If you are sick or have been exposed to someone with a COVID-19 infection, please stay home and get tested.
6. The HVAC system is equipped with high efficiency filters, and the fan should be on during activities in the chapel or social hall.
7. Registration is not required, but if you have a positive test soon after attending an activity at UUCJ please call the church so that the church can notify those who have attended about their exposure.
A new variant is spreading in China and Europe. In the past, infections have spread to the United States. For a variety of reasons, the US has some of the highest rates of infections, hospitalization, and death in the world. Guidelines may change during future disease spikes.