The New Normal Team has made recommendations that:
- All members should be vaccinated.
- Vaccinated individuals can safely attend small groups.
- In-person services should resume when the number of new cases in the Jacksonville metropolitan area is less than 10/100,000 per day and the percent of positive tests is less than 5% for two weeks. On 10/14/21 the number of new cases was 14.7 per 100,000 (down from 115/100,000 on 8/1/21), and the test positivity was 5.1%.
- All persons attending UUCJ activities must wear masks and practice social distancing.
- Unvaccinated members should attend meetings, services, and other activities virtually until the incidence of COVID 19 infections are minimal (less than 1/100,000 new cases per day) in our area. (This low level may not be achieved any time soon).
- Persons who are sick should not come to UUCJ activities, should get tested for COVID-19 and if infected should isolate for at least 10 days.
- A contact tracing system should be set up. Leaders of small groups would be responsible for recording attendees and contacting them promptly if they have been exposed to COVID-19. Attendees at large services or other events should sign in, and the leader of that event would be responsible for contacting all attendees exposed to COVID-19.